Resourcery Group have been chosen to support an entrepreneurial Retail business in the Chester area looking to recruit a Commercial Management Accountant capable of not only producing divisional management accountants and supporting analysis/insight, but also communicate/deliver operational and commercial decision support/change to cross-functional stakeholders. As such, this Commercial Management Accountant role is a real business and stakeholder influencer and driver of change, not simply a business as usual accountant.
Given the need for you to own the management accounts and drive real change commercially, applicants must be able to display prior experience of producing accounts autonomously and be able to demonstrate when and how they have influence the P&L through stakeholder management. Given the autonomous nature of the role (albeit it within a well-established and supportive team), the breadth of responsibility and seniority of exposure, only truly Commercial Management Accounts need apply.
The list of accountabilities and responsibilities is as you would expect:
- preparation of the weekly KPI reports detailing key trading performance
- preparation of the monthly management accounts, supporting analysis, insight and commentary
- preparation of the divisional budget, forecast, cashflow
- work closely with the commercial team to communicate and thus drive performance and profitability improvements - trend, customer, product, sku analysis,etc.
- be working towards a recognised accountancy qualification or be fully qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- possess demonstrable experience as a Management Accountant producing a full set of accounts and supporting analysis and commentary
- possess strong analytical skills and be a proven business partner
If this sounds like you or someone you know. Please give me a call.