Resourcery Group are working in partnership with a £bn turnover PLC to recruit an experienced Commercial Finance Manager to provide support, guidance, direction and leadership to the FP&A team (6), driving a culture of continuous improvement. The Commercia Finance Manager will act as a key finance business partner to several key commercial and operational stakeholders across the SLT and reporting directly to the FD, operate as a right-hand and confidant driving performance enhancement through improved cash flow, forecasting, AP management and operational efficiencies.
Given the positioning of the role as the number 2 to the FD, the size and complexity of the business and the critical nature of the position, the successful applicant must be able to display high levels of both intellectual and emotional intelligence. As Commercial Finance Manager you must be both commercially and operationally aware and capable of driving behavioural change across a range of non-finance stakeholders at levels both above and below you in the organisation chart.
The role is broad incorporate aspects of Finance Business Partnering, Commercial Finance Management, Financial Planning & Analysis, Management Accounting and Transactional Finance. Whilst in many of these areas your role will be supervisory and to provide guidance, you are accountable for the teams output and in effect operating as a quasi- Financial Controller, albeit a very commercial one.
The role covers such areas as:
- Commercial Analysis & Reporting - develop and produce meaningful Business Dashboards, variance analysis and reporting - creating commercial awareness across the multiple site
- Forecasting & Budgets - responsible for the production of company cash flow, reporting and preparation of weekly, monthly, 12 month rolling forecasts, annual budget preparation and review
- Cash & Treasury - cash management and forecasting, daily cash, bank management
- Accounts Payable - manage Accounts Payable team - improve efficiencies, Aged Creditor, Cash Allocation, GRNI, Supplier Reconciliations, Pricing upload, maintenance and accuracy - eliminating errors.
- Month End - complete month end duties for AP and Treasury, review P&L performance, identify any accounting entry corrections, variance analysis and commentary, review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Continuous Improvement - champion of continuous improvement, implement KPI's and reporting
- Financial & Performance - assist in the achievement of EBIT and cash flow by managing efficiencies, achievement of Budgeted Cash Flow
- Operational & Process improvements - business performance and profitability, accounting margin, EBIT and cash flow
Applicants for the role of Commercial Finance Manager should be:
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified Accountant
- Be a proven team leader capable of developing and mentoring a team of 6
- Be a strong commercial and operational stakeholder manager and possess high levels of EQ
- Possess strong Financial & Commercial acumen, robust and confident decision making and influencing skills.