Resourcery Group are recruiting on behalf of a large Financial Services business in Liverpool to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller to work alongside and in support of the Financial Controller, producing the Annual Report & Accounts and statutory accounts. The role is part of a wider succession management strategy and will provide the successful applicant with a pathway to a more senior role in the future.
Our Liverpool-based client is a leader in their specialist field and continues to grow but to do so consistently the business needs to be developing future business leaders. The Assistant Financial Controller role is just that, a career pathway.
Working in a Head Office finance team and supporting the existing FC the Assistant Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- the production of the Annual Report & Accounts and oversight of statutory accounts production
- management reporting, producing reporting pack inclusive of commentaries, analysis and supplementary schedules
- identifying and developing improvements to the reporting process
- maintaining the financial control environment, signing-off key controls and reviewing BS recs.
- co-ordination of the external audit,liaising with the auditors, agreeing annual timetable, resolve issues ensuring clean audit completed on time.
This role will bring the role holder into regular contact with the most senior stakeholders in finance allowing you to build a robust and valuable network of internal relationships forming the foundation of your future career.
Interested parties for the role of Assistant Financial Controller should be:
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Possess strong knowledge of preparing and submitting statutory accounts
- Strong financial control, process improvement and systems experience
- Financial Services experience would be beneficial but by no means essential