Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Resourcery Group are working in partnership with one of the Manchester regions recent success stories as they look to recruit a Head of FP&A. Our client is a successful £400m turnover Private Equity backed group with a fantastic reputation.
The next 12 - 24 months is in an exciting period of transition for this business. The Head of FP&A will work closely with the CFO and Senior Leadership group to drive busness performance. Delivering timely & accurate month-end reporting, business intelligence and insightful actionable analytics across the business and allowing the CFO and executive team to use finance to drive commercial decisions. The Head of FP&A will ensure that the information provided helps to shape the future of the business, driving commercial performance & delivery of the financial plan. You will be Be an effective business partner, while constantly seeking out opportunities to improve performance and management information.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work with a fantastic, well respected Manchester based business in a value adding and highly visable role from day one.
- Make clear and value added improvements to the current forecasting processes in line with best practice to drive forecast accuracy and transparency and enable clearer scenario planning, analysis and interpretation. Monitor forecast accuracy for the business and individual business units, and take appropriate steps to improve accuracy where needed.
- Work closely with Divisions and subsidiaries to clearly understand all costs and set accurate budgets with variance analysis.
- Business Partnering with Senior Stakeholders to ensure ownership of cost budgets and delivery of targets
- Monitor cost performance of the business and appraise CFO and other Exec members on key risks and opportunities
- Provide challenge to the business on spend, tracking of performance within the year, while also providing management with key strategic information to support business decisions and setting long term financial targets.
- Create and develop performance dashboards which focus on the key financial metrics of the business, providing insight to the business economics, monitor key performance indicators and highlight trends and variances and recommend actions to improve.
- Lead the FP&A team, including staff recruitment, staff development, performance management and task management
- Be the right arm of the CFO on driving the business performance
- Strong intra-personal skills, ability to build relationships, influence, challenge and generate trust with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills to demonstrate the business economics and underlying financial performance
- Excellent attention to detail while being able to demonstrate a strategic understanding.
- The ability to remain objective and independent, bring the truth to the business and potentially delivering difficult messages when required.
- Proven track record in an FP&A senior role, particularly in a cost focussed environment and business transformation
- Exceptional self-motivation, energy and drive
- Team player with a ‘Can Do’ attitude with gravitas to push change through the business
Our client has offices in Manchester but has also embraced hybrid working and the successful candidate will be required to be in the office on average 1-2 days per week.